Skip to content


Here are a few questions we have received about The BoEVAT Remedy, along with our answers:

Q: I followed the procedures outlined against my local council. Sent both letters which they ignored and have now sent me an increased fine and if I don't pay its going to debt collection.

A: We are aware of this tactic, but before we continue there are a couple of points we need to get clear:

The BoEVAT Remedy employs legal Notices, not letters. The distinction is very important to you. If the council or any other PCN bandit ignores the Notices, they do so at their own risk in law. You are not refusing to pay, you are offering to pay under the condition of them producing a signed-in-wet-ink invoice. If they have ignored your conditional offer to pay or refused payment, there is no debt in law, and they are in dishonour before the court if they bring prosecution without responding to your offer.

If they are ignoring your Notices, you may have neglected to send them by 'Signed For' delivery, this is a very important step in the process.

No invoice = No debt = No obligation to pay. End of.

This brings us to the second point:
It worries us that you are still calling these charges 'fines'; you clearly haven't grasped this important distinction, which is a key point of the BoEVAT Remedy. Only a properly convened law court can issue fines, and then only on the record and only after due process has been served.
Your local council are obviously too stupid to understand that your Notices are legally conditional offers to pay. 
We try not to interrupt our enemies while they are making mistakes, so we simply keep gathering their threat letters of proof of their VAT fraud and attempted theft by deception. If they pass the 'debt' to a debt collection agency, we simply repeat the BoEVAT Remedy process with them. Rinse and repeat.
Read over the website again until you are confident with the process before going forward.


Q: I know you said read the scary letters of which I have done but I just need confirmation that everything's ok.

I've sent notice one and they have received notice two, and they have written back and upped the charges.
But they have said that their enforcement authority may, if a county court so orders*, recover the increased charge as if it were payable under a county court order. (* our emphasis).

My question is will they come to the house? Also what would be my next step? They are giving me 14 days.

A: They cannot take the matter to court without first going through the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims, to which we also have a remedy. No court will entertain their bogus claim without it. The Protocol came into force on 1 October 2017, and ALL PCN issuing companies, corporations and even local councils are bound by it.

It's the law, they have no choice.

If they really intended to take the case to court, they would send you a form like this, but instead they are unlawfully and illegally employing coercion and bully boy tactics; which work for them in 99% of cases, because most people fold the first time they see the word 'court' on one of their letters.

Q: I guess BoEVAT would apply to Council parking tickets?

A: Yes councils too.

As far as I know, every town and city council in the UK are listed as trading-for-profit companies. It may surprise some that all constabularies and every court are also listed as trading-for-profit companies.

Ask yourself this, "Do they need to trade for goods and services?".

They all need bog paper, electricity, stationery and IT services etc. Right?


Q: I received a parking ticket today ok fair enough, but i wish contest on the grounds of poor signage ,can anyone direct me to any laws / acts on this regaurding councils and the like.

A: Hit them with The BoEVAT Remedy

We all feel a need to react against what we think are unfair charges, but contesting usually means you falling for their trick of getting you to use their appeals process, which means that you end up contracting with a bunch of extortionists. Good luck with that!


Q: Maybe I got away with my PCNs just by ignoring them then?

A: You didn't get away with anything; they just failed in their attempt to extort money from you, because you had the courage and resolve to challenge their assumptions.

You have our respect.

What they are doing is wrong in every moral sense; anyone with any sensitivity at all knows this instinctively.

When corruption reigns supreme, it becomes a moral obligation for good people to tackle it.

Yes it takes people with guts like you to do it, but you and those of your mettle serve as an example to others. Courage is every bit as contagious as fear and alarm.

We are a pretty tolerant lot we British, but we are not above taking the head off a King when we are pushed too far!


Q: I work in the NHS and actually pay for parking but they opened a new car park which is only for pay and display. the ticket said pay and display only no staff permits. would this method work for me?

A: The same rules apply; if it is a legitimate charge, they should issue a true bill or invoice on demand, in accordance with the Bills of Exchange Act 1882.

Of course they can't and won't; so after a couple of threatening letters, they may realise that they have been not only committing VAT fraud themselves, but inciting you to do so as well. This is why you should retain their demands as evidence.

As an employee of the NHS it means that you are bound by NHS rules, but I'm willing to bet that the land is managed by the council and therefore PUBLIC PROPERTY i.e. OUR PROPERTY. If they pursue you for a PCN, simply use Notice One to demand a VAT invoice in accordance with the BoE Act 1882.

It's not about what councils and other petty officials want to allow, they are our SERVANTS, the clue is in the name CIVIL SERVANTS. It is about us not allowing them to commit fraud and extort us by abusing their assumed power. In a democracy it is WE THE PEOPLE who have the power; they are just in office - unless we decide otherwise.

I choose to stand in my own power.


Q: So how does the BoEVAT Remedy work?

A: BoEVAT works at the point of writing the bill or invoice, it is an accounting thing.

It's not about the VAT as a sum of money, but about the accounting for VAT - even if it is at zero percent. If the charging company is exempt or what is commonly called 'zero-rated' it must state that clearly on the bill or invoice, which bears the signature of an officer of the charging company, as per the Bills of Exchange Act 1882. Now if they are lying they are doing so in writing, under full commercial liability and under penalty of perjury.

The Bills of Exchange Act 1882 was enacted to protect both corporations and individuals against extortion and other kinds of fraud. It codifies ancient Common Law with regard to contracts i.e. common sense. Otherwise chaos would ensue and lawlessness would reign.

Reluctance on the part of the charging company to provide a proper bill or invoice is pretty damning evidence that they have no legitimate claim. If it is a legitimate charge, they will be happy to issue a properly-formatted bill or invoice in accordance with the BoE Act.

I would just keep sending Notice Two in response to any further demands and keep all their demands as evidence.


Q: I have been sent a parking charge not a penalty or fine to my home address and the company is UKCPS parking solutions for being 11 minutes over the 3 hour no return policy would your template letters work with this company.

A: There is no reason why it wouldn't work with UKCPS the same as any other company or agency.

I would send the BoEVAT Remedy Notice One to:

The Legal Department
1200 Century Way,
Thorpe Park Business Park,
Colton, Leeds.
LS15 8ZA

Sending it to the legal department usually ensures it will be seen by somebody with at least rudimentary knowledge, and not by an organic robot. The response you receive is less-likely to be automated.


Q: It was me that left the car parking but it's my wife the registered car keeper. Should she or I address the letter to the council?

A: Whoever the PCN was sent to should respond.

PCNs are usually sent to the Registered Keeper, and it is the Registered Keeper who will be known to the car parking company since they obtain their records from DVLA.

Sometimes the Registered Keeper informs the PCN issuing company who the actual driver of the vehicle was at the time.

In this case, and if it was me who had been informed on, I would send my own Notice and suggest the Registered Keeper do the same.

Belt and braces!